Established in 1978, the Old Town Bookshop buys and sells a range of antiquarian and second hand books, old prints and antique maps. We also stock a small selection of original artwork in various mediums.
We have been established for over 30 years in the book trade and took over the bookshop 18 years ago in the heart of Edinburgh’s historic Old Town in fashionable Victoria Street, a medieval part of town dating back to the 16th century.
We have a large selection of books and prints dating from the 1650s to the present day.
Why should you visit The Old Town Bookshop?
- An Aladdin’s cave of treasures
- Established for 18 years
- Books and prints dating from the 1650s to the present day
- We exhibit at PBFA Book Fairs in London, Bath, York and Edinburgh
- We don’t charge 20 per cent commission as many of the auction houses do
- We are also interested in buying old prints pre-1850, or 20th century lithographs by modern movement painters
A small selection of my paintings is on web site. These include some Scottish and Italian views, also some paintings of Northumberland.
We purchase & sell antique books, antique prints & antique maps in Edinburgh. We sell used books, classic literature & paintings. Call 0131 225 9237